Thursday, July 31, 2008

Friendship

Friends are something that die hard.  They're something to cherish and love, they stick closer than a brother in hard times.

But.

They're also a pain in the butt.

Especially when said friends do not know when to let go, or how to actually be a good friend in return.

I have changed a lot in the past month.  Some things have come into perspective, my priorities have changed and to top it all off I am leaving in 3 weeks.  Scary stuff.  I am not going to see most of my high school friends for a long time.  It will take work on both parties to keep in touch and perpetuate the friendship past the trials of high school.

(Disclaimer, I was going to name some people.  I desperately love these people and I am good enough friends with them that I have a good idea what their motives, thoughts and feelings are.  I want the best for them.  I decided, code names are in order for their future social safety)

(I lied, I am not going to go into the gory details...tonight anyway)

Some of my friends just have no idea how to be a friend.  IE, I'm tired of doing all the work to sustain a friendship that will probly end when I leave for college.

There is really nothing left that I can do, it is no longer in my hands.  I don't really want the friendship to end, but I'm tired of investing in something with absolutely no return.  It's not like this has only been going on for a month or so.  I'm talking about all school year.

Sigh, all I can do now is pray and wait.  Lame.

No comments: