Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Shock value

Muse, April 28, 2008

I am a shocker.  I like to shock people.  I love to see the surprised, doomed look on people's faces when the unexpected comes.  I have a few accomplices in my war on the mundane.  Coleton sings in Calculus, Suzanna eats bugs and Spencer, well Spencer just disappears during group photos.  But what motivates us besides the immediate pained expression?

Is it the joy of the moment, the fact that no one, including ourselves, knows what is coming next or is it fear?

I really settle with the later.  I, no everyone, fears.  We all crave the acceptance from someone and surprise is just a way of grasping for a little signal, a laugh or a smile.

So next time I surprise you withe something equally random, be prepared and share the love.

No comments: