Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thank you teachers

Muse, March 1o, 2008

Working for The Feather has taught me many things, some unimportant, others life changing.  One of the big things I have gained sitting next to our editor-in-chief is a certain sort of empathy.  I can now say with some authority that being an English teacher is extremely difficult and the same goes for all sorts of teaching.

How do you grade a paper or assignment correctly without coming across harsh and demanding?  How do you effectively deal with someone who is extremely ignorant but thinks they can do everything?

The answer to these questions can only be learned through experience and wisdom.  So thank you teachers for putting up with ignorance and bad attitudes to teach the teachable and even those who adamantly refuse to admit that they want to be at school.  And unfortunately, just because I am bringing this subject up does not mean I am not included in this "list of ignorance."

No comments: