Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tickets

Well, bad news, I got a ticket today.  One of the weirdest things ever.

First off, I was in the total wrong.  The light was yellow, I thought I could make it, it turned red before I entered the intersection, I said screw it.  Next thing I see is 2 biker cops behind me.  Sigh.

What pisses me off the most is I have no one to blame but myself.  I hate being pissed at myself cause I have no way of getting rid of me.  There is no escape.  Sigh.

So my options are traffic school, pay the fine, or take it up with the court.  Now I probly could argue that I was within so much of the intersection and such, but with 2 cops against me I have no hope, and really I wouldn't believe myself.  Traffic school sounds like the best option, it's my first ticket and I can do the stuff online apparently.  I really don't want to have to pay, I am pretty sure my insurance will go up.

My dad mentioned something about losing our insurance.  He kinda ticks me off cause he is in no way encouraging.  I mean really, I get my first ticket and the thing you pretty much say is, "Crap, you may have made life more difficult for me." (Ryan's slightly embellished paraphrase)

There's nothing I can really do about losing the insurance.  The reality, I won't need it on my truck while I'm at Biola because I am not taking it with me.  It doesn't help that I have no idea what our insurance even does, or how I am tied to it.

I really hate being mad at myself.

No comments: