Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Webcomics

I am an addict.  I admit it, I love webcomics.  They are everything entertaining; funny, dramatic, colorful, artistic, moving.  Through my reading of comics I have found that the best comics have great characters.  It is these characters that drive the world, storyline and humor.

In a recent development I along with the great Nad have decided to begin a webcomic.  He will artist and I will author.  As author the one thing I need to do is come up with an original amazing character.  Well maybe not totally original, but amazing.

I would somehow like to incorporate a platypus into the comic, sort of a Hobbes like character, imaginary or not, but an offset of the main character.  I want him to be a bit reserved, kind of the voice of reason to the antics of the main character, someone who will hold up the main character falls, but is not all perfect.  He needs a fear, or some deficiency.

The main character, I have no idea.  I want him to be an eccentric, but semi socially challenged, his friends are close, his enemies, well I haven't thought that far.  He swings on emotion, but deep down hes got a smidgen of wisdom that only appears in times most unexpected.  We shall see where this leads, I need to brainstorm ideas.

Advice would be awesome.

No comments: